Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh, it's on now!!!!!

It's official, ladies and gents. I filed to run for Guthrie City Council, Ward 1 at lunchtime today. Good heavens, what have I gotten myself into!?

To my surprise, as I was walking out of the election board, I was informed that my friend John Wood is running for the same spot! I should really keep up with what my friends are doing.

Anyway, leading up to the election on February 10, 2009, I'll be using this blog to wax eloquent about the virtues of civic pursuits ... actually I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for, but we'll figure it out along the way.

Questions are absolutely welcome here ... I may not know the answer, but hopefully we can at least have some interesting conversations.

Stay warm. Be well.

Justin

6 comments:

Amanda Fortney said...

i'm going to be the wife of a distinguished councilman.

Mike said...

Dearest friend-
What are the unique issues of Ward 1 which you intend to address should you be elected Councilman?

SUBquestion-what makes you uniquely qualified to deal with said issues?

And......GO!

Cara said...

I have no doubt that you'd be a glorious councilman.

Stef Fortney said...

I will wear my "Vote for Justin Fortney or goblins will eat your eyeballs" t-shirt every day.

Justin Fortney said...

I think the easiest way to respond to Mike's comment is to redirect to Stefani's comment:

Unique Issues for Ward 1: goblins

My qualifications for dealing with said issues: I have direct power over their ability to eat people's eyeballs.

I'm not saying this respond is necessarily right or true, but it makes for a fantastic campaign platform. I may have to promote Stef to campaign publicist.

Anonymous said...

Well, this is exciting!!!! Justin, how is it going? You will be great in this position. Kay